Tuna hot-fish

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare a tuna hot-fish, that is, a fish-made version of the famous Hot-dog.

Tuna hot-fish

The idea for this dish came up when I saw a recipe for tuna sausages in a magazine, I found it very curious and got down to work, only instead of serving the sausages alone, I put them inside some hot-dog buns with caramelized onion and a mustard and mayonnaise sauce.

With the ingredients I'll recommend you can prepare six tuna hot-fish.

Do you like the idea of making a fish version of the famous hot-dog? What would you have accompanied these tuna sausages with?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare these tuna hot-fish you'll need:

  • 6 hot dog buns
  • 150 gr. (5,29 oz.) of tuna in drained oil
  • 75 ml. (2,53 fl. oz.) of very thick bechamel made with 100 ml. (3,38 fl. oz.) of milk, 10 gr. (0,35 oz.) of flour and 10 gr. (0,35 oz.) of butter
  • 250 gr. (8,82 oz.) of potatoes
  • 35 gr. (1,23 oz.) of whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 2 egg yolks
  • Chopped parsley
  • 3 tablespoons of caramelized onion
  • 2 teaspoons of mustard
To prepare these tuna hot-fish you must follow the next steps:

-Peel and cut the potato into squares.

-Boil the potato.

-Mash the potato in the potato masher.

-Mix the mashed potatoes with the bechamel, the tuna in drained oil, the whole wheat breadcrumbs, the egg yolks and the chopped parsley.

-Divide the dough into six pieces and place each one on a piece of square cling film paper.

-Give a sausage shape to the pieces of dough and wrap them with the paper to keep the shape.

-Cool sausages in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

-Remove the film paper from the tuna sausages and brown them in a pan.

-Open the hot-dog buns in half.

-Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard until you get a homogeneous sauce.

-Paint the hot-buns with the sauce.

-Place some caramelized onion on each bun and a tuna sausage on top.

Baguette and sandwich recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios