Torrijas or milk toasts

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare some torrijas or milk toasts, a very simple recipe that is used to make the most of hard bread and turn it into a typical Easter candy.

Torrijas or milk toasts

Like many other recipes, there are many ways to prepare torrijas, and one of them is the thickness of the slices of bread, I usually make them thick so that when they are soaked with milk they don't break so easily, but I have seen many recipes made with thin slices of bread.

If you have a lot of hard bread at home and today is a cold day, I encourage you to prepare this rich garlic soup.

With the ingredients that I recommend, you can prepare ten delicious torrijas.

Do you usually prepare this sweet so traditional? What do you flavour milk with?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare these torrijas or milk toasts you will need:

  • 1 loaf of stale bread
  • 300 ml. (10,14 fl. oz.) of milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 6 tablespoons of sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • Lemon peel
To prepare these torrijas or milk toasts you must follow the next steps:

-Heat the milk with the cinnamon stick and lemon peel without boiling.

-Strain the milk and let cool.

-Beat the eggs.

-Mix sugar with cinnamon powder.

-Cut the loaf of bread into 2 cm. (0,78 inches) slices.

-Dip the slices of bread in the milk on both sides.

-Dip the slices of bread in the beaten egg.

-Deep-fry in plenty of oil.

-Place on absorbent kitchen paper to remove excess grease.

-Dip the torrijas while still hot in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon powder.

Spanish recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!



Comentarios