Garlic and rosemary focaccia

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare a garlic and rosemary focaccia, a Italian bread that usually has a square or rectangular shape.

Garlic and rosemary focaccia

The focaccia can be consumed once it's cold or it can be gratinated in the oven for a few minutes just before serving it so that it's crispy.

I have made this recipe using a cake pan of 20x30 cm. (8x12 inches) and I recommend you to cover the mould where the focaccia will be baked with baking paper so that it doesn't get stuck and thus avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Here is a small tutorial if you don't know how to line a mold with baking paper.

Have you ever eaten a focaccia? With what spices would you make it?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


To prepare this garlic and rosemary focaccia you'll need:

  • 500 gr. (17,63 oz.) of flour
  • 250 ml. (8,45 fl. oz.) of warm water
  • 25 gr. (0,88 oz.) of baker's yeast
  • 8 gr. (0,28 oz.) of rosemary
  • 6 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • Coarse salt
To prepare this garlic and rosemary focaccia you must follow the next steps:

-Dilute the baker's yeast in warm water.

-Knead the flour with the baker's yeast dissolved in water and olive oil until you get a homogeneous dough.

-Make a ball with the dough and let it ferment covered with a cloth for 1 hour.

-Peel and chop the garlic cloves.

-Sprinkle the dough with the chopped garlic and half of the rosemary and knead until the ingredients are completely mixed.

-Give a rectangular shape to the dough.

-Sprinkle the dough with the rest of the rosemary, a little coarse salt and add a little dash of olive oil.

-Cover the dough with a cloth and leave to ferment 20 minutes.

-Bake at 180ºC (356ºF) for 18 minutes.

Bread recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios