Catalan cream

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare a Catalan cream, a delicious cream made with egg yolks with a crispy roasted sugar layer on the surface.

Catalan cream

To be able to make this layer, it is best to have a kitchen blowtorch, which in addition to being able to use it for this recipe, you can also use it for many more things, such as burning the surface of a yolk nougat or browning the meringue of a cake.

This is one of my favourite desserts and its elaboration is so simple that I hope you will be encouraged to prepare it and tell me if you like it as much as I do.

With the ingredients I recommend, you can prepare four servings of this dessert.

Did you know this dessert?

If you have a kitchen blowtorch, are you using it for other recipes?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare this Catalan cream you will need:

  • 750 ml. (25,36 fl. oz.) of milk
  • 150 gr. (5,29 oz.) of sugar
  • 25 gr. (0,88 oz.) of refined corn flour
  • 6 egg yolks
  • Lemon peel
  • 1 cinnamon stick
To prepare this Catalan cream you must follow the next steps:

-Dilute the refined cornflour in a little milk.

-Infuse the rest of the milk with the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick.

-Strain the milk and let stand at room temperature.

-Mix egg yolks with sugar and cornflour diluted in milk.

-Pour the infused milk over the mixture of the yolks while stirring with rods.

-Boil the mixture in a double boiler while stirring and removing from heat when it begins to thicken.

-Pour the mixture in the containers where you are going to eat, cover them with plastic wrap and cool in the fridge.

-Sprinkle the surface with sugar, burn with a kitchen blowtorch and serve immediately.

Catalan cream

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios