Potato and cheese cake

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare a potato and cheese cake, I learned this recipe in the training practices of the intermediate-level cooking course and eventually I got fed up cooking it.

Potato and cheese cake

I did the practices in a catering and this was one of the dishes that were going to be served in an event that was going to be attended by around three hundred people where I had to be peeling and cutting potatoes from sunup to sundown.

Keep in mind that the thinner the potato slices, the better the cake will be.

If you have a mandoline, do not hesitate to use it in this recipe, and if you had a meat cutter you could use it also because I used that to cut the potatoes in the catering and the slices were very thin.

Oh, one last thing!

I made this recipe in a mould of 20x13 cm. (8x5 inches)

Did you know this recipe? Can you think of any other ingredient that could be incorporated into this potato and cheese cake?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare this potato and cheese cake you will need:

  • 500 gr. (17,63 oz.) of potatoes
  • 150 gr. (5,29 oz.) of grated cheese
  • 100 ml. (3,38 fl. oz) of cream
  • 1 egg
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Butter
To prepare this potato and cheese cake you must follow the next steps:

-Mix the egg with the cream.

-Peel the potatoes and cut them into very thin slices.

-Grease a mould suitable for the oven with a little butter.

-Cover the bottom with a layer of potatoes.

-Season with salt and pepper, pour a little of the egg and cream mixture and sprinkle the grated cheese.

-Repeat the steps until the ingredients are finished.

-Add a few pieces of butter on the top.

-Bake at 170ºC (338ºF) for 45 minutes.

-Let it cool down a bit and unmould.

Potato recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!



Comentarios