Marinated sardines

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare marinated sardines.

Marinated sardines

This recipe is taken from the cookbook that I had when I was studying the intermediate level of cooking studies and it caught my attention precisely because one of the ingredients was the orange.

It may seem strange to you, but it adds a different touch that makes it unique.

Marinade, in addition to being a way of cooking, is also used to preserve food. 

The best thing to do when you cook this recipe is leaving the sardines at least one day in the marinade so they have more flavour.

Finally, do not forget that you can customize your marinade with your favourite spices or even dare to add other fruits.

With the ingredients I recommend you can prepare marinated sardines for four people.

Do you usually eat marinated food? What do you think about the idea of adding fruit?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare these marinated sardines you will need:

  • 16 spineless sardines
  • Flour
  • 8 garlic cloves
  • 150 ml. (5,07 fl. oz.) of vinegar
  • 150 ml. (5,07 fl. oz.) of white wine
  • 200 ml. (6,76 fl. oz.) of water
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Salt
  • Paprika
  • Brown sugar
  • Thyme
  • Pepper
  • 1 orange
To prepare these marinated sardines you must follow the next steps:

-Flour the sardines.

-Fry the sardines.

-Sauté the garlic in oil in a separate pan.

-Add vinegar and white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.

-Add the water.

-Add bay leaves, salt, pepper, thyme and a little bit of paprika and sugar.

-Cut the orange into slices.

-When the marinade is cold, add the sardines and orange slices.

-Marinate it for a few days in the fridge.

Spanish recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios