Lentils with spicy sausage

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare lentils with spicy sausage.


I like them with thick broth, but if you prefer them with a thin broth, you only have to add a little more of vegetable broth when you have to cook them.

You may be surprised by the fact that I cook the lentils a little before pouring the broth to cook them, I saw a classmate of the intermediate level of cooking studies doing this, which according to him his grandmother always made them like this, and the truth is that they become a little harder and do not fall apart so easily.

These lentils are made only with vegetables and spicy sausage, but I propose these two alternatives.

One of them is to put less spicy sausage and add some chopped pork ribs that will give an incredible flavour to the recipe.

If you do so, you must first sear the meat, and once this step is done, you must follow the recipe as I indicate here.

Another option is to remove the spicy sausage to have less fat and in addition, by removing the sausage, it would become a vegan recipe.

With the ingredients that I recommend you can prepare four servings of these lentils with spicy sausage.

How do you like lentils, with thick or thin broth? Do you usually eat them only with vegetables or add other ingredients to give them more flavour?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare these lentils with spicy sausage you will need:

  • 320 gr. (11,29 oz.) of lentils
  • 1 onion
  • 1 leek
  • 1 carrot
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 spicy sausage
  • 1 potato
  • Paprika
  • Vegetable broth
To prepare these lentils with spicy sausage you must follow the next steps:

-Peel the onion, the carrot and garlic cloves.

-Chop the onion, the carrot and the leek.

-Slice the garlic thinly.

-Peel the potato.

-Cut the potato into large pieces.

-Cut up the spicy sausage.

-Sauté the onion, carrot and leeks.

-Add the spicy sausage and garlic.

-Add the potato and a little paprika and stir well.

-Add the lentils and sauté a little.

-Add the vegetable broth.

-Cook over low heat for 40 minutes or until the lentils are soft.


Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios