Baked rice

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare baked rice, a very traditional recipe from Valencia.

Baked rice

I recommend you bake the rice in a clay pan, not because it is the traditional way to prepare it, but because it is the best way, I have tried it sometimes cooked in wide metal cooking pans and the truth is that it does not taste the same.

With the ingredients I recommend, you can prepare this recipe for four people.

Have you ever tried baked rice? Do you know other rice dishes that are cooked in a similar way?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare this baked rice you will need:

  • 320 gr. (11,28 oz.) of rice
  • 900 ml. (30,43 fl. oz.) of meat broth with saffron
  • 1 large potato
  • 1 large tomato
  • 250 gr. (8,82 oz.) of ribs
  • 100 gr. (3,52 oz.) of bacon
  • 2 onion black puddings
  • 150 gr. (5,29 oz.) of cooked chickpeas
  • Paprika
To prepare this baked rice you must follow the next steps:

-Slice the tomato.

-Peel and cut the potato into slightly fat slices.

-Fry the potato slices in oil and set aside.

-Fry the ribs and bacon.

-Add the chickpeas and paprika and stir.

-Add the rice and sauté.

-Place the stir-fry with the rice in a clay pan.

-Place the tomato, black pudding, tomato slices and potato slices on top.

-Add the boiling meat broth to the casserole.

-Bake at 180ºC (356ºF) for 30 minutes or until the broth has been evaporated.

Spanish recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios