Valencian paella

Today I am going to teach you how to prepare a paella, the most typical dish of my land, Valencia.

Valencian paella

This is one of those recipes that provoke discussions one way or another because in each area it is made with different ingredients and everybody says with absolute certainty that their recipe is the authentic one.

I am going to avoid any discussions of that type, although it is true that it bothers me to see paellas made with sausage, meatballs and other ingredients in which the dish could be more accurately labelled as "Rice with things"

The only difference between the paella I make and the traditional one, is that I sauté the rice a little before adding the broth.

In the case you want to make it as it has been done traditionally, what you have to do is add the broth to the stir-fry, and when it starts to boil, make a "caballón" with the rice, which consists of adding the rice making a straight line that crosses the centre of the paella and goes from one end to the other.

To have a perfect line measure, the rice should stick out a few grains above the broth.

With the ingredients I recommend, you can prepare a paella for four people.

Have you ever tried paella? Have you ever tasted a paella with unusual ingredients?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare this Valencian paella you will need:

  • 320 gr. (11,28 oz.) of rice
  • 1 tomato
  • 650 gr. (22,93 oz.) of chopped chicken
  • 80 gr. (2,82 oz.) of green beans
  • 80 gr. (2,82 oz.) of “garrofón” (big white beans)
  • 1 litre (33,81 fl. oz.) of chicken broth with saffron and rosemary
  • Paprika
To prepare this Valencian paella you must follow these steps:

-Grate the tomato.

-Fry the chicken.

-Add the green beans, white beans and sauté.

-Add the grated tomato and paprika.

-Add the rice and sauté the whole set a couple of minutes.

-Add the boiling broth and cook about 18 minutes over medium heat.

Spanish recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!




Comentarios