Orange coca

Today I will teach you how to prepare an orange coca (the coca is a spongy cake made with sunflower oil and typical from the Spanish Mediterranean area), this recipe brings me very good memories because it was the first sweet recipe I made at home that could be eaten.


Orange coca

I remember, for example, having tried with my brother to make a cocoa cake that came out super thin and gummed ... so when I made this coca and it came out so good I could not believe it.

I have made this recipe using a cake pan of 20x30 cm. (8x12 inches) and I recommend you to cover the pan where the cake will be baked with baking paper so that it does not stick and thus avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Here is a small tutorial if you don't know how to line a mold with baking paper.

Do you remember preparing a recipe that became a complete disaster? 

What about the one that came out so perfect that you so got excited after trying it?

I hope you leave a comment answering some of my questions!

If you have made this recipe and you want to send me a photo, I'll be happy to receive it, you just have to send it by email to discoverhowicook@gmail.com and I will publish it on this same post so that everyone can see how well my followers cook.


Please share this recipe if you like it!

To prepare this orange coca you will need:

  • 3 large eggs
  • 250 gr. (8,80 oz.) of flour
  • 200 gr. (7 oz.) of sugar
  • 100 ml. (3,38 fl. oz.) of orange juice
  • 100 ml. (3,38 fl. oz.) sunflower oil
  • 15 gr. (0,53 oz.) of baking powder
  • Orange zest
To prepare this orange coca you must follow the following steps:

-Beat the eggs with the sugar.

-Add the juice and orange zest.

-Mix the flour and baking powder separately.

-Add the flour with the baking powder to the previous mixture very carefully.

-Add the oil and mix well.

-Pour the mixture into a rectangular pan and bake about 20 minutes at 175 ºC (347 ºF) or until it becomes brown on the top.

Breakfast and afternoon snacks recipes

Subscribe to my YouTube channel!


Follow me on social networks!



Comentarios